Friday, January 10, 2014

The Return of The Random Cards at My Workplace

As I left work, I placed this card in a mail slot in the education office. The woman, who will find it on Monday, was recently given a new assignment and no longer works in my building. I miss her smile and the ongoing joke about her unlisted job duty of watching my back. I am glad my finger pointed to her name as I placed it on the employee phone list.

From this point on, for better or for worse, I will count out 21 names and that person will get a card. That is what makes it interesting to me. People who would be on the top of a self made list will be skipped over and some people I barely know at all will get a card.

A card and a short note wishing the person a good day. I can do this. And hopefully it will brighten a day or two along the way.

Earlier today I had to talk to a man about a new ID for one of my students. Inside his office hangs one of my cards from the last time I did this. It brightened my day.


 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nance ~> indeed it does, even if blocked by ourselves from time to time

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I'm sure your cards will make their days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana ~> that is my hope, that in some way it sparks some joy and it flows with them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. River song ~> thanks. I drew a second one this weekend. No specific goal, just a hope that I can do this small good thing for people who walk with me at work.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.