Friday, November 23, 2012

The Fit is Doodlin



Mosaic Woman (see hers at the bottom of the post) came home several weeks ago speaking of a car she had seen.  She said, "I doubt very much you would have liked the bumper stickers, but the plate was Doodling."

After a moment or two of being covetous I thought of a plate with a much better fit for the Fit.  Pianist Horace Silver wrote a tune which has become a standard.  He first recorded Doodlin' in 1955 with the Jazz Messengers.

Here it is:




Later Jon Hendricks would add some lyrics which man a jazz singer has sung,  "I feel so lost without my doodlin"



here is one considered my some to be the best, and who is to argue with what Sarah Vaughan did ~








1 comment:

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.