Friday, October 12, 2012

Walking with God





Tonight Rose Mary Doughtery read a poem and these lines leapt out at me

Gravity begins falling inside you,
Dragging down every bone.

Things were sticking to me as the school year began and my bones were weary, but my life and the poem, Blessing of One Who Is Exhausted by John O'Donohue moves on and this past week these words seem to fit my spirit...

Gradually, you will return to yourself,
Having learned a new respect for your heart
And the joy that dwells far within slow time.

What do I want... I want recognize when the things that are sticking to me are the heavy items and to turn and seek to be lifted by the light. That is what I want. To turn on the jazz. To talk about the joyful moments at work. To be with Mosaic Woman. To let the desire to create draw me into my studio. To offer up hope and pizza to my friends. And this, which has been absent from my life ~ to stand silent under trees and let birds show me their beauty.

13 comments:

  1. A favorite poem by O'Donohue and one I should revisit this week of break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle ~ are you aware of Sister Dougherty"s writing? She is a hoot.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful reflection that gives me pause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin~ this morning she led us into more places to explore

      Delete
  3. This post was welcomed kiss on the boo-boo of my soul after a bad day at work yesterday :-) Thanks, Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie ~ you are welcomed. Hope our boo-boos continue to heal into hope and joy

      Delete
  4. My heart strings got pulled by your post. I get too focused on what I want, right now, like groceries and a clean floor. I forget what my heart and soul want. Thank you for the reminder to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kwee~ this post was written while on retreat. I hope the wisdom that was passed on to me sticks. Glad I could pass it on to others.

      Delete
  5. I hope that you don't mind if i use this for the next poetry seeds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.