Friday, June 22, 2012

Shards of possibilities






This afternoon, I put on some solo piano and reached into this bucket of shards. When a piece spoke to me, I spoke back with the glass grinder. Again and again I reached in... Not even stopping to get a bandage till I felt enough pieces had come into being.

Then I washed off the glass and bandaged my thumb.

One by one I took the shapes and wrapped them in copper foil. The jazz played on as a design came into being.

This is doodling with glass

This is finding use of scraps

This is shards of possibilities

Tomorrow .... It will be held up to the light


4 comments:

  1. This is what I think is amazing about human creativity - imagining something beautiful into being from shards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I will be soldering it later today. First I want to go enjoy the cooler air that has come to Pennsylvania. I do believe there is a spiritual analogy here... God searching for us. Peace and Hope

      Delete
  2. Ah, this is great... I could feel the creative flow coming through your words. Made me smile--that's a great groove to be in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BG ~~~ it did flow. Did you see the finished piece which I featured in a post today. I want to do more of theses, but then again I want to make more of lots of things. And let me say my garden is presentable, so stop by PA sometime soon.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.