Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jazz on Tuesdays--- 6 by Jerome Kern



Jerome Kern is a member of the song writer's hall of fame and yet there are folk who do not know his name. He lived from 1885 to 1945. I hope you know his tunes if not his name. By the way, the portrait above was painted by another tune writer, George Gershwin.

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by performed Clifford Brown





The Way You Look Tonight performed by Tony Bennett





All The Things You Are performed by Charlie Parker





Yesterdays performed by Billie Holiday



I'm Old Fashioned performed by John Coltrane




Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man performed by Ella Fitzgerald


4 comments:

  1. OK. COOL... I know these songs....did not know by whom they were written.... Thanks for the poke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise--- glad I could connect the man to his songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you've relaxed me after a hard day's work and put me to sleep... zzzzzzzz.... just teasing! Great tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowcatcher--- thanks for listening, my Springsteen post probably wouldn't relax you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.