Friday, September 24, 2010

Fridays in PA--- Longwood Gardens

On Wednesday I put up a wordless post of one cool door. Mosaic Woman and I had gone to see an orchid celebration:



at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. The orchid room was filled, but orchids kept popping up here and there and then there was the massive hanging baskets...



I was introduced to Longwood when I was taking classes at Northampton County Community College (back in the day) when a botany class went on a field trip. Since we returned to PA, we have made several visits. We stumbled by it once to see it lit up for the holidays. I've taken students. And I have ventured their with a buddy who loves the place.

Oh, yes the mystery door. As you wind you way through the observatory one finds places for staff only. Most of the doors are nothing special. But I found the one featured on Wednesday to be quite unique. I love how they had to prune the plant to keep it from covering the handle.

Close to the room of orchids, is another of my favorite rooms--- The gray room:


4 comments:

  1. I love that shot of the gray room... very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering the question about the mystery door! What a beautiful place this is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh A I R
    Beautiful Greenhouse
    Visual Treats
    Me Heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL--- thanks for the visit. Maybe next time I will open the door and take a quick photo ; ). The gray room is highly favored

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.